Sunday, January 18, 2009

31, really?

Life is passing in the blink of an eye and here it is another year gone by. I have ALWAYS looked younger than my age. Recently I was asked "What school do you go to?" Now if they meant "what college?" it would have been a little easier to swallow but they meant what high school. Really, seriously? Well this little annoying factor all throughout my life has caused a bit of a stir in me. I am not really sure why it annoys me so much. Maybe because younger people can be looked down upon. I know this was the case for me when I entered the business world at eighteen and was a hard worker and moved up rather quickly. This didn't go over well with many "older than me" and I was always left having to prove myself that much more just to earn a little respect. As each year passes and I grow a little, just a little bit wiser I appreciate these struggles in life that have molded me into who I am today. A girl who is over 30 looks like she's at least 20 (come on) and is doing something she is passionate about everyday, married to a wonderful husband, has the greatest puppies on earth, and is surrounded by amazing family and friends. What more could a girl want for her birthday?
Thank you to everyone for making me feel so special. I had an awesome day!! Hugs and Kisses all around!
Love, Danny

No comments: