Thursday, November 27, 2008

Tupperware & Thankfulness

I played club soccer from the time I was in 5th grade until I graduated high school. Which means we traveled a lot for tournaments especially on holidays. Which means I cannot remember a Thanksgiving at home as a kid. We spent it on the road headed to our annual Las Vegas Turkey Shoot Invitational tournament. It became a new tradition to eat my mom's amazing homemade spread in our Dodge van with Tupperware and plastic silverware. I was thankful. Thankful for parents that sacrificed so much to allow their children to live out their dreams. Thankful that my mom loved us so much she slaved in the kitchen for days to prepare our Turkey dinner with as much love and care as if we were eating it over a candle lit table with our finest china. My heart just melts remembering the gold ol' days.
Now that we are all grown up and able to get together for Thanksgiving I am reminded of old traditions yet Thankful for the new ones. Thankful to take time out of our busy lives to just simply BE with our loved ones. To laugh and hug one another.To be blessed with an abundance of food and eat until you cannot eat no more.
I AM THANKFUL...

No comments: