Thursday, February 26, 2009

Queen of the Kitchen

My mom is an amazing cook. A baking queen. I know you probably think I am just saying this because well it's my mom. But I am not. Ask anyone who has ever tasted something she has touched in the kitchen. She is one of "those people" who doesn't have to follow a recipe or use measuring cups.
Her food touches your soul. She has this secret weapon that goes beyond ingredients and recipes.
When one of my assignments for my photography class was to take an environmental portrait I was instantly inspired to photograph my mother in the kitchen. She hesitantly agreed as she doesn't like being in front of the camera as much as she likes being in the kitchen. But with a little persuasion she agreed. It was such an honor to document her.
Stayed tuned for a special project I am working on...

No comments: